The Chair of the CA State Teacher’s Retirement Board will discuss current events impacting CalSTRS and the importance of accountability. School district audits play an important role over accountability for member information. A school district audit can assist with reporting the right information to CalSTRS. View from the CalSTRS Board Room:
Why is CalSTRS at the forefront in securing pension stability?
What’s the political outlook on public pension programs?
Why is accountability so central to CalSTRS and its obligations? CalSTRS audits and the role they play statewide:
CalSTRS just called to schedule an audit…is your District “audit ready?”
As a current CalSTRS member, could the audit directly impact me or only retired members? What should I do to prepare for an audit of my school district?
- Why is CalSTRS auditing more school districts?
- Why was my school district selected for an audit?
- Will the auditor look at current member information or only retired members?
- What type of information will CalSTRS review?
- What are the six common audit findings?
- How can I prevent or correct audit findings?
- How will the audit results be communicated and what impact will they have on training local personnel?